Image provided by Adam Billinghusrst
The Pemberton Off Road Cycling Association was founded to support riders and trails of all levels. Through community involvement and trails stewardship, PORCA strives to maintain and enhance Pemberton's world class riding experience for residents and visitors.
- To foster Pemberton's mountain biking culture through education, maintenance and creation, for the benefit of the community as a whole.
- To maintain the unique nature of Pemberton's mountain bike trails and to facilitate the creation of new sanctioned trails of all levels of difficulty, while encouraging a high standard of craftsmanship.
- To represent the interests of the mountain biking community to governments, businesses and industry.
- To provide events, races and group rides for the enjoyment of the Pemberton mountain biking community.
What We've Achieved in 2016
- First year membership of over 300 riders, each of which is also a PVTA member
- Hosted over 30 women's Bike Club rides with 12 - 20 riders per evening
- Organized the Pemberton Enduro with over 120 racers
- Hosted seven sponsored Toonies with 40 to 60 riders per event
- Successfully fundraised and financed inaugural year
- Organized the Lumpy's Trifecta
- Co-hosted Max Pains Trail Day with PVTA
- Organized "Buff Tuesdays" trail maintenance evening
- Consolidated feedback from a community-wide survey